Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

333/365


333/365, originally uploaded by DarrenNunis.
333/365. 29 November 2010

Mele Kalikimaka - Jimmy Buffet (but I'm sure either Bing Crosby or one of the old crooners did the original version)

Years ago I heard someone say that you should find different routes to and from work, because it changes your perspective on things. Well there is another reason, the other route may be shorter.

After years of travelling the same route to and from work, I took a detour along the coast to avoid major gridlock. Having run this new route now for the last 3 days, I've come to realise that the speed limit maybe 20km/h slower; the distance a bit further; but I've cut out at least 20 traffic lights from the journey and managed to shave close to 10 minutes off the trip. So yes, finding a new route does give you a different perspective on life, and for me it's about 10 minutes less travel time. Nice.

Anyway, today's shot is of the trip home. It was a really windy day today, and I noticed the palm trees swaying as I drove past. So here's the shot, HDR'd of course and it's also only 26 days till christmas and 32 days till I finish my 365. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment