Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

316/365


316/365, originally uploaded by DarrenNunis.
316/365. 12 November 2010

Opera Singer - Cake

I did it again. Started uploading this at about 2am and it's now 6.30am that I actually get to write this out. Really? I couldn't stay awake for 5 minutes to write this out? Anyway I want to tell you something I saw tonight that I'd only ever seen in the movies - the singing chef!

Went for dinner tonight at Middle Park, a stones throw from where I live. Had this lovely Japanese meal and on our way back to the car, I saw this restaurant/ bar/ cafe/ bottleshop full of people listening to the proprietor or chef sing popular italian opera.

He had a beautiful Tenor voice and he was actually serenading to the people. It's not something I'd ever seen before, and I was captivated, and so were the half dozen or so passer-bys... not to mention the diners who were completely mesmerised. Stayed for a couple of songs and vowed to go back there in the very near future and get right up close to the action.

Today's shot is from the outside of the restaurant/ bar/ Cafe/ bottleshop. Had the Canon with me so was confident of it's ability in very low light conditions. I HDR'd the shot and managed to catch the brilliant tenor in action. Actually had a few shots that were pretty nice from the Japanese restaurant, but this had a better story attached to it. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment