Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

006


006, originally uploaded by DarrenNunis.
Day 006. 6/1/11

Had to do my strobist shot for the week, and I got to say it turned out to be a bit more involved than I first envisioned.

First of all, there's the Millennium Falcon. It's a plastic scale model (Airfix) I've had for well over 15 years. It's been sitting on the top of my shelf gathering dust (I like to think of it as ageing), and having seen one of my friend's newly built F14 Tomcat, I thought, this Airfix would make a nice feature. So I shot that with a flash and Lumiquest SB III sitting camera left.

The background was taken a couple of days ago, set on a long exposure pointing at the night sky. You can almost make out Orion's Belt if you look closely enough.

HDR brought out the texture of the plastic and the splashes of colour on the Falcon. Photoshop to blend the 2 images together and that's it.

And if anyone remembers, the line is from Star Wars, when Princess Lea disses Han Solo when they were in the Millennium Falcon. To which Han Solo replies "Hey who you calling scruffy looking" (Who says George Lucas could do great dialogue!) More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment