Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

285/365


285/365, originally uploaded by DarrenNunis.
285/365. 12 October 2010

Knock on Wood - Eric Clapton (I like this version best)

This is my lap steel guitar. About eight summers ago, I found the plans for a lap steel online, so I set about making one. It's made from an old Jarrah fence post (Jarrah being a really dense and heavy Western Australian wood). I put it together with some old guitar parts, some old bicycle parts and some pieces of an old snare drum.I did some french polishing to finish the lap steel, and it's been with me ever since.

This is the first of the lap steels I made, the next incarnation had a bit more shape, but this is still my favourite.

Anyway todays shot was done with a single flash and with HDR to bring out the wood grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment