Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

217/365


217/365, originally uploaded by DarrenNunis.
217/365. 5 August 2010

Crosstown Traffic - Jimi Hendrix

Took this shot on the drive home. The sun was just setting , the light was pretty good and the lights were red! (see top right hand corner). I got home and had an HDR breakthrough (getting consistency in the HDR images) while working on this shot.

Shot was taken on the Napean Highway at Southland Shopping Centre. That bridge you see going across is actually a few floors of retail space. This part of my drive also has 5 traffic lights in the space of 800 meters, and the chances of going pass all 5 with out stopping is slim to none.

Some stats, my daily commute is 24 kms each way. Going to work I have to pass 53 traffic lights, including 2 guaranteed red lights. There has been only 3 times in my thousand over commutes that either one of the 2 lights have been green while I was crossing, never once have they ever been green together. It's a conspiracy I swear! More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment