Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

158/365


158/365, originally uploaded by DarrenNunis.
158/365. 7 June 2010

Needed a shot today, and wanted to also play around with Guy Gowan's photoshop techniques. The guy's a genius I swear. An advanced class that brought us back to basics, is one way of describing his class... simply brilliant is another. I may never use anything from the photoshop toolbar ever again.

Back to today's shot... simple fire hydrant outlet in my carpark. Wanted that shallow depth of field and so my 50mm F1.4 came in handy, plus I didn't have my flashes with me so I set it on ISO800 and shot.

Guy Gowan can be thanked for the rest of the image. I added a bit of noise and if you look closely enough, the whites have no noise on it, just as you would on a real B&W print. How cool is that?

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment