Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

309/365


309/365, originally uploaded by DarrenNunis.
309/365. 5 November 2010

Gear Jammer - George Thorogood

You know Melbourne is really a bicycle friendly city. I don't really know what the stats are, but I figure there's one bicycle to every 2 households, this is just going by the number of bicycles I see wedged in the corner of each parking lot.

I'm all for cycling to work and getting a workout on the open road. When I was young, my bicycle and I were inseparable. However, what really gets on my nerve is the lycra bike-shorts clad groups of cyclists that travel the roads and highways 3 or 4 wide. Like I said, Melbourne is really a bike friendly city, and there are lots of roads with specific bicycle lanes marked out so that everyone is safe. It's when the tour de France wannabes start hogging the road travelling in groups and slowing traffic down, that's when frustration sets in.

OK enough venting... on to today's shot. This is of a bicycle that sits in the parking lot. It's really quite sleek-looking, with it's matt black coat and ultra cool parts. I've taken a few bicycles this year, so I thought maybe a close up might make a better subject today. So here you go. Here's a shot of the crank lit with a single flash through my favourtie 50mm F1.4 lens and HDR of course. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment